Thursday, July 23, 2009

Waking Up

Sometimes I forget. I am so caught up in mominess, in lover, in family that the rest of me floats by on the wind. My days are spent cuddling with Maya and Amara, giving them love, and showing them this bright, amazing world we live in. I read to them, walk with them down the street looking at birds, flowers, squirrels, and showing them the wind. I make them their meals. My life has become something else, bigger, more expansive. Today, at Dr. Cubberly's memorial service I remembered. I remembered that I am extraordinary. I have gifts. My extraordinariness expands out beyond my family and into the world. There is so much I want to give, so much more to experience, so much more in store. It is fitting that such an epiphany should occur at Dr. Cubberly's memorial because part of his life was dedicated to helping people see their own greatness. It was as if his spirit was with me, smiling, even chuckling a bit.
My love for my family is the greatest, most wonderful and amazing part of my life, but there is more. I have a gifts. I must remember.
I understand now what I want this blog to be about. It is not necesarily about food, though it comes into play quite often in my life. Many of my most memorable experiences have occured around a great meal, whether it was hippy grilled cheese in a parking lot, or a michelin starred restaurant in the french countryside. The blog is about me and the conversations that occur around my kitchen table. Huh...finally I "got" it.

No comments: