Monday, August 3, 2009

Friends

One of the things I miss the most about the East Coast is friends. I have made some in Houston. In fact, I have met some great people. Friendship takes time though. Time, with kids, is limited. The friends made when I was younger, from college days and soon after, know me differently. Those were the days when there was time. Time and lots and lots of alcohol, plus a dose of a late night or two, three...Now I am lucky if I make it till 11. The precious moments I have on the weekends are spent either going out by myself or relishing in family together time. We try to get together with some of the friends we have made, but coordination, healthy children and nap schedules makes it hard.
A few girl friends and I created a monthly dinner. We all look forward to it so much. For a night I get dressed up, blow dry my hair, and put on some make-up. I slowly get dressed. Throw on heels. We drink wine, taste one another's food, and talk. I love it. I just wish there was more...
Friendship now is different. It must be cultitivated. It's not as easy. I wonder if it would be this way if we lived on the East Coast as well?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey there! haven't read your blog in a while..
guess i'll comment! being close with friends and family are what make life worthwhile in my opinion-i don't know what i'd do or where i'd be if i couldn't see them as often as i do. i'm even thinking I should move closer to my parents in fact. it's just cost more then i'd like. I miss you and wish you were closer. maybe one day! xoxo-s