Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The garden

This weekend I am going to start creating my vegetable garden. I am kinda pysched, yet kinda scared all at the same time. Oh, and I also think I may be nuts. The garden will not be in the middle of my long like orginally planned. Instead it will be on the side of our house. Since it is on the side of the house instead of being about 5X6 feet it will be about 12X5 (ish), since now it will be a semi-circle. Now, you may be asking yourself why I think I am nuts...because I have dabbled in vegetable gardening, but by no means to I have any KIND OF CLUE what I am doing, but I want to, if that counts for anything. To get myself in the mood for the veggie garden endeavor I bought some...plants. I got two peppers, some suash, cucs, and multiple basils. At the moment I have kolrabi, leeks and a pitiful looking tomato plant in the yard. They are not dead, but not blooming either. The dude at the store said I have to feed them every two weeks. This makes sense. Hey, at least they are not dead, considering the heat.

Today was 93 days, and we went outside twice because we thought it was NICE out. Is that pathetic or what? I am from the Northeast I am not supposed to get used to this HOT ASS SHIT. The sad part is, I am...I really am. The cool thing about living down South is gardening, so I feel like it is my responsibility to "get this".

I am scared of the digging part. 12X5 ish is a lotta dirt, lawn, and stuff to take care of. There is this idea in my head that it will be peaceful, Zen, and incredibly cool to have the gals see the food they are eating. Oh, and how aweseome will it be to eat food that was grown right outside our door. Doesn't get much better than that. Can you tell I am trying to psych myself into this?

No comments: