Saturday, May 16, 2009

Momma Week

This past week I was on my own with the gals. Erik was on business in Florida. He was away on Mother's Day, which sucked. The first day or so he was gone I became depressed. Being home is amazing, but can be isolating as well. I talk to my daughters, and my other momma friend down the block, but that is it.
I am a talker. I mean if you know me or have known me I am a really big talker. I like being around people. When Erik is home we talk, a lot. Having him be away made me realize how important it is for me to talk, review, discuss the day and everything else under the sun. When Mother's Day hit I was so sad. It only felt like Mother's Day because my neighbor was gleefully sipping a glass of wine during the day as she strolled along with her husband and son. I know, I know Mother's Day is a hallmark holiday created for marketing purposes, and yes I am totally a sucker for it. I want breakfast in bed or a fancy brunch (though I hate pre-fix menus), spa gift certificates, potted plants, and jewelry with my daughters' birth stones. And, yes, I am a total sappy sucker.
Even though Erik was away he still made it special for me. He had me do a Treaure hunt of cards through out the house. I cried. The rest of the time Erik was away I decieded I'd stop being sad and really be with Maya and Amara. Insanely enough it worked. I even enjoyed bath time and was not remotely annoyed when one of them shat in the tub. Really. We fed ducks, went to the park, and strolled our street countless times. The three of us had fun together. It was kinda like I got Mommy Week because I made it that way. It is nice to have a computer back though...and I think Erik can change some diapers while he is home too...

No comments: