Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Brithday to me

Today is my birthday. Birthdays for me are kinda like New Years or Yom Kippur. They get me thinkin', well almost everything does, but birthdays do even more than I normal (which if you know me is a lot). I turn 34 today (shhhhh...). 34 is one year away from 35, or better yet 5 years away from 40. Wrinkles, yup, some. Do I look my age. Uh...yeah I think so, especially after two kiddos. Do I act it? On occasion it depends on how adventureous or petulant I feel at a given moment. Any regrets yet? None, thank goodness. Oh, and I still fit in to my Lenny Kravitz, black bell bottom pants with the gold buttons, though they are a bit tight around the middle. I had those suckers since I was in high school.
My 34th year will be a good one. It is the year where I will start working again (though very part-time). The year I will fit back in to a size 6 (though this may be too resolutiony).
This will be the year of the garden. I want to build an organic veggie garden right in the middle of the yard. We will grow green beans, tomatos, okra, eggplants, bright colored chard. Perhaps this willl be the year I can convince Erik to get some chickens. The neighbors may not be so keen on the idea (with roosters and all), but I would love to turn our shed into a chicken coop. Fresh eggs every day. The gals and I can learn about where our food comes from. The chickadees can roam in our small little yard. Ahhhh...has Texas turned me into a hick?
I have this vision of large, red, fruit ripened tomatos falling in to baskets, gals picking lemon balm and sage, crushing basil in their hands. Lemons picked off or trees.
My 34th year will be a year of bursting creativity and life.

1 comment:

georgia said...

Sounds like you have an exciting year ahead of you!!! Congrats on turning 34!! I think you should wear the Lenny Kravitz pants to my rehearsal dinner.